Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Provow Baby Shower

One of my favorite things to do is to plan parties and showers...

I had the privilege of helping organize a baby shower for a couple that I love more than most people. Two of my best friends, Tyler and Ashley Provow are expecting their baby girl Norah Rae to arrive in April! 
The Provow's. 

I really can't say enough about how much I love them. Since they've been married they have always opened their home to me (sometimes I open it for myself...that's what you get when you tell me where the spare key is), listened to me cry and complain, shared in my joys, have always gone out of their way to help me, and have encouraged me in my walk with Christ. They are way more than friends, they are family. 

In His kindness, The Lord is putting little Norah is in great hands with Tyler and Ashley. I know that they will raise her up teaching her God's Word and it is my prayer that she will except Jesus Christ as her savior at a young age. 

With all of that being said (sorry for talking so much about feelings Tyler and Ash), it was absolutely a joy to be able to help put together this shower for them! 

At the beginning of the year, a few other girls and I started planning and brainstorming for this special occasion. We decided to keep the theme simple. Most of the decorations were things that we already had, and several things were hand made. With the help of several ladies we had a hodge podge of delicious sweets to serve, and punch to go with it. I loved the character that having so many handmade and homemade things brought to the shower. It was all very much made with love. 

I thought I would share some pictures from the shower:


 Tyler made fun of me for wanting to put this bench here, instead of chairs "Like every other shower ever".
I think the bench was secretly his favorite part. 



 
Most of the hoops were handmade as gifts for Norah by her "Aunt Ashley".

 Just a few of the delicious desserts that were graciously and lovingly made for the shower. 


Norah is already one popular little girl! So many guests came to shower her with lots of love and beautiful gifts. 



"The Wolfpack". (Left to right: Ashley Henson, Sarah, Ashley Provow, myself.)
The four best friends that anyone could have ;)


The Mama-to-be with some of the ladies who helped with the shower
(Left to right: Rebekah, Ema, Sarah, Ashley Provow, Ashley Henson, myself, Wendy)
Erin Provow is missing from this photo but she was also very instrumental in putting this special day together!

I can't wait to meet you, Norah Rae! 



No comments:

Post a Comment